Thursday, March 24, 2011

Minmatar National Coucil debate on Triblaism; Stromrage Clan response

As I have listened to the differing discussion about what tribalism is and how it is affected by slavery I have noted one thought that has been left out.
As Matari, look to our history before the time of capsulers, before the time of the Ammar. Individual families were tied together in clans, these clans made up tribes and the tribes made up the people. In our diversity we found strength. In our differences we found conflict. As much as I despise the Ammar, many of us deal on a regular basis with holders and the items they produce. Any Minmatar pilot who flies Ammar ships or uses Ammar technology could be said to be helping further the cause of Slavery. But that is just semantics. In truth Tribalism is loyalty to your tribe, to your clan and and to your family. It is who you are. As a pilot plying my trade deep in space sometimes it is hard to remember my roots. My corporation is filled with a diversity of pilots that range from all races. Does the fact that I employ races outside my tribe lesson me as a tribalist? I think not. Does that fact that I do not tie myself to my home world lessen me as a Matari? I think not. With me, my family, my clan we take our tribal values with us, it is unmistakable it is who we are as a people. If you have to question your tribalism or your nationalism then you have lost your connection to who you are.
Nofearion
Stormrage Clan
Tribal elder

No comments:

Post a Comment